This annual conference is targeted at school board members, superintendents, ESU administrators, principals and lawyers across Nebraska. Thursday evening, meet and greet your peers at the exhibitor reception from 6:00 to 7:30 PM, followed by a hospitality suite. Friday sessions begin at 9:00 AM.
- Log in using your username and password
- If you do not have a username and password or have forgotten it, please contact NASB at 800-422-4572 for assistance.
Registration fees for the conference are as follows:
- CONFERENCE REGISTRATION = $155
- CONFERENCE REGISTRATION (NON-NASB MEMBER) = $215
- NCOSA MEMBER PRICE = $95
- COLLEGE STUDENT RATE* = $75
- *Pre-pay Only, Call NASB to Register
- REGISTRATION DEADLINE - JUNE 8, 2018
- $20 Cancellation Fee until the registration deadline. No refunds after registration deadline.
- 8:30 AM - Registration
- 9:00 AM - Introductions - Tim Thompson, NCOSA President
- 9:05 AM - Legislative Update & What’s New at NDE - Brian Halstead
- 9:30 AM - What’s New From Washington? A Federal Law Update - Josh Schauer & Justin Knight
- 10:15 AM - The Endrew F Yo-Yo and What it Means for You - Tim Malm
- 10:45 AM - Break
- 11:00 AM - Are Kids Safe? A Discussion of School Security Across Nebraska - Larry Baumann & Cindy Volkmer
- 12:00 PM - Lunch
- 1:00 PM - Student Walkouts and Free Speech - Rex Schultze & Greg Perry
- 1:30 PM - When Rights Collide: Racial Taunts, Confederate Flags, and Other Areas of Conflicting Rights in Schools - Megan Neiles–Brasch & Bobby Truhe
- 2:00 PM - Break
- 2:15 PM - Three Kids in a Car: A Special Education Disciplinary Tale - Karen Haase
- 2:45 PM - Sexual Harassment and “Me Too” - Nick Lesiak & Susan Sapp