NASB legislative agenda is developed annually by submissions from our members, and brought forward to the Delegate Assembly for approval. All submission must align with the following beliefs that:
- All Nebraska children shall have equitable access to a high quality public education that prepares them to thrive in the evolving 21st century.
- Schools and communities need to address the whole child, which includes the physical, developmental, behavioral, and mental health of children.
- Local school boards must have the resources and authority to serve ALL children.
- Local school boards shall have board governance standards that address the role and expectations of individual school board members and the board as a whole.
- Local school boards must have the ability to evaluate the effectiveness and fiscal solvency of the programs established by the district.
- Local school boards need to adequately support its administration and staff and hold them accountable.
- Local school boards must have maximum flexibility to govern their schools.
- Local school boards must engage the community and be responsive to the needs, desires and concerns of their families to ensure student success.
- Nebraska public schools must have adequate, predictable and equitable funding.
- The NASB board, staff and members have a responsibility to lead a vision for education in the state of Nebraska to promote these beliefs.