Become a Member
The Nebraska Council of School Attorneys (NCOSA) is a professional organization for attorneys who represent public school districts and practice in the area of school law, in the state of Nebraska. Our members are provided a professional environment in which they are allowed to foster and engage their career in their specialized field of school law, stay updated on state and national education trends and cultivate social relationships with other members.
Benefits of Membership
- Quarterly Membership meetings to discuss, network and learn about school law issues from other members.
- Professional development and current information on state and federal laws and case law that affect public schools.
- Membership in the National School Boards Association Council of School Attorneys (COSA) organization. For COSA membership benefits go to: www.nsba.org
- Attendance at all national COSA conferences and webinars at a discounted rate.
- Attendance at the Nebraska Association of School Boards (NASB) conferences at NASB member rates.
- Opportunities to present and attend NCOSA workshops and seminars for CLE credits.
- Free subscription to and, if interested, opportunities to write articles for the NCOSA School Law Reporter.
- Free subscription to various NASB member publications.
Membership in NCOSA is open to attorneys who are licensed to practice before the highest court of any state of the United States of America or before a court of record of the United States of America; and who are or have been within the immediate past two (2) years, attorney for one of the following:
- Any Nebraska public school district or Educational Service Unit; or
- A state school boards association affiliated with the NSBA; or
- Any public junior, community college, or university located in the state of Nebraska.
For those applicants who do not fall under any of the above listed criteria, an applicant must apply and be approved by a vote of a majority of the members present at an annual meeting of the members, or at any duly called meeting of the Board of Directors. National COSA benefits will not apply to these members.
- Annual Membership fee: $270
- Annual In-house fee: $200*
- *Special discounts apply for in-house school district counsel. Please contact Vicki Walter-Winters at 800-422-4572 for more information.