Budget & Finance Workshops
2022 BUDGET & FINANCE WORKSHOPS
March 1 - York
March 23 - Ogallala
Kathleen Lute Public Library - 610 W A Street
Registration Deadline - March 17th
No refunds after the registration deadline.
School finance is a complex task. The Leadership Team, comprised of both the board and Superintendent/ESU Administrator is responsible for managing the finances within their district/ESU. This evening workshop will feature former superintendents Carl Dietz and Matt Fisher, two school finance experts, who will structure the presentation around all aspects of the school district finances. They will share their experiences in:
- How the NDE Budget Document gets completed
- How the Annual Financial Report is used
- Importance of Cash Reserves
- Understanding historical budget information and how this helps project future budgets
- How a Capital Replacement Schedule is important for budget building
- How regular reports to the board make finances an appropriate part of board discussions
- Impact of TEEOSA Formula and SPED Funding
- Tie between the budget process and Property Tax
- Communication with the community about school finances
- A brief discussion of LB 644 and how it affects your annual budget workshop
- Pitfalls and stories from the trenches and how to avoid hidden financial traps
This workshop will be suited for both new board members and administrators just learning the process, as well as seasoned veterans who have been through this annual process.
TO REGISTER FOR AN NASB EVENT, CLICK ON THE 'MY MEMBERSHIP' LINK ABOVE OR BELOW, THEN NAVIGATE TO THE 'EVENTS' DROPDOWN AND SELECT 'REGISTER'. TO LEARN MORE ABOUT AN EVENT, CLICK THE LINK IN THE MENU ON THE RIGHT.