Know Your Data
Understand the data that will make a difference!
Arm yourself to be a better storyteller!
Know where you’re at …
Where the Legislature is going …
AND HOW TO ALIGN!
Below are examples of the data you should know from your schools to help tell your district's story as various bills are introcuded:
- Number of Kids in Free/Reduced Lunch
- School Lands Per Pupil Reimbursement
- Census vs Enrollment
- Number of Languages Spoken in your District
- Number of ELL Students
- Transportation numbers … if Seat Belts in Busses, Impact ($)
- What percentage of your Budget is SPED
- Average Class Size
- Student Discipline Procedures
- Retirement Obligation
- Safety & Security Measures in the Past Few Years
- Number of Option Kids
- Percentage of Administrative Costs