New Board Member Workshops
Every even year following November elections, NASB conducts regional New Board Member Workshops across Nebraska designed for newly elected school board members, as well as current board members; experienced board members; mid-term appointed board members; and Superintendents/ESU Administrators.
2022 New Board Member WorkshopS
- December 5 - Gering
- December 6 - North Platte
- December 7 - Kearney
- December 8 - York
- December 13 - La Vista
- December 14 - Norfolk
Newly elected or recently appointed school or ESU board members, experienced board members, Superintendents, and ESU Administrators. Prospective board members can be entered at any time in the database as a “Board Member Elect”
- 8:30 AM - Welcome & Table Introductions
- 8:45 AM - Open Meetings Law
- 9:55 AM - Mission, Goals, and Policy
- 10:15 AM - Communication - Parent Engagement
- 10:35 AM - Student Achievement
- 11:30 AM - Lunch
- 12:10 PM - Advocacy
- 12:40 PM - Budget & School Finance
- 1:30 PM - Board Meeting Protocols & Board-Superintendent Relations
- 3:00 PM - NASB Events & Learning Workshops
- 3:10 PM - Adjourn
- Registration fees for the conference are as follows:
- Workshop Registration = $125
- Cancellation Fee (Prior to Registration Deadlines) = $25
- No refunds after the deadlines.
THIS WILL BE AN INTERACTIVE WORK SESSION FOR NEWLY ELECTED BOARD MEMBERS COVERING BOARD GOVERNANCE ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES AND MORE. THE SESSION ALSO PROVIDES A GREAT REVIEW FOR THOSE WHO HAVE EXPERIENCE ON THE BOARD.
TO REGISTER FOR AN NASB EVENT, CLICK ON THE 'MY MEMBERSHIP' LINK ABOVE OR BELOW, THEN NAVIGATE TO THE 'EVENTS' DROPDOWN AND SELECT 'REGISTER'. TO LEARN MORE ABOUT AN EVENT, CLICK THE LINK IN THE MENU ON THE RIGHT.