School boards must exercise their responsibilities in an increasingly complex legal environment. The Nebraska Association of School Boards understands this reality. The Association offers its members free access to basic legal questions. NASB aims to provide general legal information and high-quality workshops to Nebraska school boards, educational service unit boards and administrators. NASB is available to visit about day-to-day legal questions such as bargaining, boardsmanship, conflict of interest, legislative updates, open meetings, public records, and when legal counsel should be hired. NASB cannot provide specific legal advice and does not act as a member's legal counsel. The services offered by NASB are advisory in nature only and are not intended to replace the advice of a district or ESUs's school law attorney.
The Nebraska Association of School Boards also offers an array of seminars and workshops that help school boards and administrators understand their legal environment, to keep up-to-date with new and emerging legal developments, and to anticipate, prevent, and overcome legal challenges.
For more information, please contact:
Nebraska Association of School Boards
1311 Stockwell Street | Lincoln, NE 68502
402-423-4951 | 800-422-4572
Helpful Legal Links
- Commission of Industrial Relations
- Educators Health Alliance
- Lexis Nexis
- National School Boards Association
- Nebraska Bar Association
- Nebraska State Education Association Home Page
- NSEA Reported Schedule Downloads
- The National School Boards Association's Council of School Attorneys
- US District Court for Nebraska
- US Supreme Court Opinions
- West Law
NCOSA publishes the Nebraska School Law Reporter, which is the state's number one legal reporter presenting school law issues. The School Law Reporter is published quarterly and its subscribers include attorneys, school board members, school administrators and many others involved with education.
- Order your Guide Book to Nebraska’s Public Meeting Laws - $18
- Order your 2019 Lexis Nexis Nebraska Educational Laws
- Order or Renew your online School Law Reporter subscription - $100 per District/ESU