School Board Member Week
January 31 to February 6, 2021
Thank You School Boards!!!!!
The week of January 31 to February 6, 2021 will serve as School Board Recognition Week in Nebraska.
Thanks to the 1,700 locally elected volunteers who make up the Board of Education for Nebraska's Public Schools and ESUs. Through their leadership, innovation, vision and engagement, they make Nebraska a better place to live.
Thank You Sens. Walz, Erdman, Gragert, Hughes, Kolterman, Murman, Pahls & Stinner for recognizing the hard work of School Board Members across the state!
Did You Know
- 9 of the 49 current State Senators served on their local school board
- U.S. Senator Deb Fischer was President of NASB in 1998 and served on the Board of Directors from 1994-2000
- 58% of school board members have school-aged children in K-12
- 68% of board members in Nebraska are between the ages of 36 and 55
- 5% of board members are under the age of 35
- 8% of board members are over the age of 65
- 64% of board members have served between 1 to 8 years
- 4% of Nebraska’s 1,700 school board members have served their board for more than 20 years
- On average, a school board in Nebraska is 30% female and 70% male
- 9% of Nebraska’s school boards are served by a female majority
- 8% of Nebraska’s school boards are all male